Thursday, May 31, 2007

My new supplement regimen

For the last many years, I have struggled with serious hormonal and mood swings. One of the side effects that I think has become the main problem is that I struggle with constant anemia. I still remember vividly going to the hospital in Delta, Utah thinking I was having a heart attack and they could only find severe anemia. (A deep massage took care of the problem after more tests than I ever want to undergo again in my entire life!)

Finally, I relooked up PMDD which seems to be the challenge I contend with. I learned a number of things, but one of the things that resonated with me was total avoidance of dairy products. Mind you, that is not going to be easy but I have lost my taste for as much as I once ate. I have noticed that when my moods get the most difficult to control, I crave ice cream. The next day I hit rock bottom. (I usually eat it before bed.)

For the anemia, I am back on 4 capsules of white oak bark a day. It has worked for me in the past and has already helped now. I have been doing this for about 2 or 3 weeks. My cycle has become way too frequent for anyone to avoid anemia, and it literally stops it! Since pregnancy is not something I'm interested in now, total stoppage is just fine by me. Menopause looks good.

My third change is that I am taking 2 tsp. of cod liver oil a day. Incidentally, I'm giving it to my dog too, and he loves it! His coat was silky after about a week. I'm taking it for the Omega-3s.

My fourth change has been the one of longest duration. I discovered Glacial Milk's Noni at Sam's Club last fall and put Dog Lover and myself on it. It has the highest dosage of B vitamins that I have been able to find for a reasonable cost. Now all but Jim takes it, and even he takes it when he doesn't feel well. Dog Lover showed astounding improvement immediately in her hair and nails (most visible). She has never had strong nails---spoon nails were hers---and her hair was thin. Now I have to cut her nails, and she doesn't bite them. I can't rip them either. Her hair is much thicker and shinier too. None of us have gotten sick much since beginning that, and for that I am grateful. And no, I sell none of this. I don't buy it off their site either although that is an option. Our Sam's Club offers it as a Click 'n Pull item.

No comments: