Saturday, April 23, 2011

More lapbooks

I just finished making an American Civil War lap book to wrap up my sons' studies. The template came from In the Hands of a Child. We used the American Government one last fall, and I really enjoyed how it helped keep us on track.




I've also started a Physical Science lap book. What I really like about these lapbooks is that I can add additional assignments and readings as I want, or we can just use them as review. Following someone else's lesson plans have never worked for me (or I don't work them), but I welcome outlines as presented by a lapbook. The other part to love is that they pack away for future reference in a small package or filing cabinet. These lapbooks also come with suggested grade levels and suggested work for each level. Obviously a high schooler is capable of more than a 4th or 5th grader, but often they study the same general subject. This has always tripped me up in the past so it's nice that they have already put the brainwork into it.

No comments: