Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Christmas Meme

I enjoyed this meme from Mrs. Darling at Dishpan Dribble so I'm doing it too!

1.What is your favorite Christmas carol? Silent Night

2.What is your favorite secular Christmas song? Jingle Bells, the Dashing Through the Snow version

3.What is your favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life

4.What is your favorite Christmas memory growing up? Going caroling. We'd invite friends over to our home, head off to sing carols at various people's homes from our congregation, generally stay a few minutes in their homes eating their treats, gather them up to go with us to the next home, and eventually wind up back at our house for more treats and hot apple cider. My mother went all out on hot cider and some of our traditional Christmas goodies, and our friends brought a plate of their Christmas favorite treats to share.

5.Do you shop early or are you a late shopper? Both. Mostly late meaning after November 1. I can't keep a secret that long. Besides, the kids are usually with me! :-)

6.Is your tree real or artificial? Artificial but I'm getting itchy for a real tree again. I miss the smell, not the watering.

7.Do you still put tinsel on your tree? Not on the artificial one. We used to before the artificial tree.

8.Do you read the Christmas story every year on Christmas day? We generally read it and act it out on Christmas Eve.

9.Would you consider yourself to be a Grinch? No, but I wish I had a whole lot more money to spend!!!

10.Are you more like Scrooge or Father Christmas? Probably somewhere in between. I try very hard to get just the "right" thing. I try to buy things that will help my children develop themselves in some way. This year, I have banned anything noisy, i.e., guns of any sort. Why get something that will push all my buttons at once?! I believe Christmas gifts should invite the spirit of Christ into the home, not contention.

11.Do you make homemade gifts for friends and family? Not anymore.

12.What was the worst Christmas present you ever received? An R-rated DVD.

13.What was your favorite Christmas present ever? An engagement ring although I actually received it about a week before Christmas.

14.On the average how many presents do you buy for each of your kids? This varies according to cost, wishes, and what is needed/wanted and what seems most beneficial. There is usually one "big" thing. I don't really remember other years for sure, but it's probably somewhere around 3 gifts per child.

If you're reading this, I tag you! Leave a message so I can read yours!

No comments: