Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I've read a few more books

I've read a few more books. My latest is Killer Angels, by Michael Shaara. Since it is late and I'm itching to get to bed, I'm going to refer you to the review at Amazon.

This was really an excellent read! If you are at all interested in the Civil War and/or saw the movie Gettysburg, you must read this book! As usual, IMO it is much better than the movie. They really try to present it all in the movie, but that is impossible. There is a lot of probing and private thinking in the book that just doesn't all work in dialogue. Truly fascinating!

On the child front: I'm reading the Magic Tree House books aloud to my kids. Invariably, my older two are grabbing some to read on their own because I'm not going through them fast enough. Hooray!

No comments: