Friday, September 4, 2009

Learning to use time wisely

I'm beginning to believe that this year will be the time my children learn to use their time wisely (or drive their mother crazy!) Seriously, everything seems to be going back to that and it's not being an easy lesson for them.

One of the things we have done this year is left the everyone together, unit study model. My daughter would probably do better with that, but the boys are pursuing somewhat different interests. Mostly they want to establish their own identities. In that sense, it must be challenging to be a twin.

One of the things I have done is bought each of them a cheap day planner with their assignments. Their co-op is driving that need somewhat, but it's also necessary because I can't keep track of 3 people's assignments anymore. I can make the assignments for what we're doing here at home and I can help, but they have to follow the schedule.

Yesterday, they searched frantically for those planners because I told them they had to get everything completed before they went to bed. Maybe they are starting to get the lesson?

No comments: