Tuesday, May 8, 2007

First day of student planners

Last night, I wrote up an agenda of schoolwork and chores for all my kids. I don't know as I will be doing it for Dog Lover all the time, but it was pretty successful for the boys. They checked everything off as they got it done, and turned in their work when it was all completed. I feel like I'm missing something though. Partly because I forgot scriptures, and they didn't remind me. It's the missing checkmark on their lists. Shame on me!

Dragon and Monkey have started the Zoology 1 (Apologia) book. They read page 1 of the Intro today. Not exactly heavy reading, but it's new to them to do it totally independently. They also had to "get" the idea of following their list so they didn't have conflicts over who got the book first or second for history and science. We only have one book for those two subjects so it's important that they don't try to do it at the same time.

We also have one piano so the children can't practice at the same time! Dog Lover was a little ticked that she had to wait for both of them to practice before she could! Actually, she didn't. Dragon wasn't finished with History, so she went in and practiced. She is growing up so fast! She even looks older!

Love ya!

No comments: