Friday, October 12, 2007

Rachel & Leah, again

After I finished the book by Orson Scott Card (below), I went back to the book of Genesis in the Old Testament and reread the portion about Rachel and Leah. Can I just say that a lot of literary license was taken? Especially since not much is said about their handmaids in the scriptures, but the book fully develops their characters as well! Made sense for an author to do it, and he did it very well, but it did make me chuckle. Card certainly wasn't tied down to any scriptural requirements with them!

Another book will be coming soon. I've almost finished The Birth Order Book, by Dr. Kevin Leman and another one will be done in the next week called If You Want to be Rich & Happy, Don't Go to School, by Robert T. Kiyosaki. (Of course I like the title of that one! I homeschool!!!)

No comments: