Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Buying and preparing

I just ordered 4 of the first books I need for next year from Amazon's "other" sellers. Two of these were less than $1.00 (before $3.99 per book for shipping) and supposedly in good condition. I've used these sellers quite a bit. Before anyone goes, "Ooo, aah," at my organization, I still have lots of preparation to do like a timeline to make, calendar to organize, etc. However, the books are:

The World of Captain John Smith
The Secret of Roanoke Island
The New World: The first pictures of America
Book of Americans


I'm thinking about making a pocket organizer to hang on a rod with a pocket for each subject. Then the kids can choose what they want to do next in each unit. I need to go through my fabric stash and see if I have something that will work.

For the record, I want to go to this homeschool conference, but since we have a mandatory trip to Dalton, Georgia for a brother-in-law's wedding this fall, I don't think I'm going to make it there this year again. Does anyone want to sponsor me there? I'll even drive my hubby's easy-on-gas car. ;-)

No comments: