Thursday, June 28, 2007

Funny experience, tough day

I had a funny experience. My boys got the book Crane, by Jeff Stone, for their birthday, and I have been waiting for them to finish it before I read it. For some reason I got mixed up and picked up Snake instead. At the end of it, I was very frustrated because I had not learned anything new about the storyline! As I talked to my boys about it, it dawned on me that was not the book I intended to read. Major relief! The Crane was a much better book. I actually think it was better than Snake. So far, Snake has let me down the most because it didn't reveal much new. Necessary info, but a whole book for the ending?!

Red flag. Change of subject. Yesterday and today have been tough days. I don't know what is up, but my boys have definitely been on one. They don't want to do anything that they have to get done, and I'm about at the end of my rope with it all! They won't apply themselves to learning "hard" things, and I'm tired of trying new ways to approach it. It has been a not-to-repeat-week! Next week my folks will be here, and it will be good to have a change of pace. Thank goodness weeks like this don't happen all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: