Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Capitalism and charity

As I was checking my email this morning, I ran across an article about why capitalism and charity truly go hand in hand. The main point that I agree with wholeheartedly is that anyone who wants to succeed in a capitalistic society must help others do the same.

I tried to write a quick summary of the whole article (it is lengthy), but I failed miserably in my view. So......please go to the link to read it. It is worth a read, or at least a scan to pick up the major points if you are in a hurry.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

It's so interesting to me, that for every single finance book I've read by someone who really has made it, they always recommend giving at least 10% away. They attribute it to things like the law of attraction, or paying it forward, but invariably they recommend giving to charity.