Thursday, May 1, 2008

Working 'til my legs fall off

I'm tired. Really tired. My sons are earning money for Scout camp, taekwondo belt rank tests, etc., by mowing lawns. Although they have been mowing lawns for a summer, their attention to detail is not terrific so I have been going with them.

As far as school goes, we are on an official break. If I could figure out a way to make a science study out of it, I'd be in heaven. Frankly, though, I'm too tired to give it a lot of thought!

However, I am going to make a lapbook inspired by Mrs. Darling's Thanksgiving lapbook, only this one will be about pirates (which actually ties into the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, and the Civil War---if on the more sordid side.) My kids are "into" pirates right now, and doing a great deal of reading on the subject on their own.

While we were watching S-man mow, J-Dawg was telling me all about various events and people in the Revolutionary War. I need to hurry and get ready to launch our next year's study or he'll have finished it already! Don't laugh! It happened with the medieval period! Now math? That's another topic entirely............

However, methinks I need to go buy a book on Molly Pitcher.

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh do show pics of it when you're done! How fun!