Monday, June 2, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ June 2, 2008




FOR TODAY...

Outside My Window...the skies are alternating between rainy gray and sunny blue.

I am thinking...how nice it has been to have my parents here for a few days.

I am thankful for...parents who sacrifice to be here with us for important events.

From the kitchen...hot whole wheat bread. Mmmm!

I am wearing...blue jeans, purple shirt, black socks.

I am creating...at the moment, a blog entry. I'm committing to finishing the quilt this year that I started last year.

I am going...to make chicken noodle soup for dinner and decide whether to let my kids sleep outside in their new tent. And when.

I am reading...Eagle by Jeff Stone. My boys got it for their birthday last week, and I haven't read it yet. I highly recommend the Five Ancestor series. If you're a homeschooler, get an educator's discount at one of the bookstores (I go to Barnes and Noble) and buy it for your sons especially although my daughter loves it too! My boys just tested for their green belt and are very "into" martial arts.

I am hoping...that my husband's photography business takes off and that all the pieces will fall together so we can refinance our home soon.

I am hearing...the printer running and my daughter outside.

Around the house...my lettuce tastes good as does the spinach although I think it started bolting. (New use for that term to me: bolting. My mother taught me that while she was here.) It's still good.

One of my favorite things...relaxing and daydreaming.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I need to plan that one, don't I? One thing is to make sure my daughter makes it to the Achievement Days activity our church has for 8-12 year-old girls. We missed the last one. Focus on the boys' Reading merit badge. Return books to the library. Update the boys' immunizations. Go the Laura Ingalls Wilder's home and the attendant activities with our literature circle. Attend the belt rank awards ceremony where we'll learn how the boys did in their belt rank tests. My sons are very concerned because they were exhausted for it. They had just come from another very strenuous church activity. (Lesson learned: We do nothing else strenuous the same day as their tests.) Write in my journal about their 12th birthday. In our church, the 12th birthday of every worthy boy is a momentous occasion; their step toward becoming adults. They receive the priesthood and the accompanying responsibilities. In short, it is very sacred and special time. That was why my parents came. My father was able to participate in the ordination along with my husband and other worthy priesthood holders.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


What pure and simple joy in a simple thing: spraying water. (That's my daughter while at the zoo.)

Go see other Simple Woman daybooks here: http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Sondra said...

OH does that bring back MEMORIES! I used to LOVE to sleep in a tent in the backyard! We live in the inner city now, so I wouldn't allow my children to do it. Too bad! (((((HUGS))))) sandi