Monday, June 9, 2008

Something to read

I found this article about the idea of children being a blessing vs. being a burden from here. I feel like this is a critical issue at a critical time. I remember how hurt I felt sometimes when people would act (and sometimes still do) like having twins was such a chore. In reality, my children have helped me become a better person, better than I ever would have been without them. Even though life is certainly easier when we only have to worry about ourselves, it is nowhere near as rewarding. Sometimes the challenges that come with children can be trying, but they pass and always will. The joy that comes through my children is something that can be mine for always.

2 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Good post. You indeed have the right spirit and attitude. Children are a blessing!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

This is a great post. I get irritated when people portray their kids as burdens, or when they seem to relate to them as just a task to check off the list.