Monday, June 9, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ June 9, 2008




FOR TODAY...

Outside My Window...

I am thinking...that I need to help my son, S-man, prepare a talk for church next Sunday so we aren't doing the last-minute scramble like we did for this week with J-Dawg.

I am thankful for...other women who help me keep trying a little bit more.

From the kitchen...I smell orange rolls. I forgot the butter in the filling so it was more like frosting in the middle. It made them a little heavy.

I am wearing...white pants with a blue t-shirt with a sequined American flag waving.

I am creating...a timeline for American History this week.

I am going...to do a lot of reading with and to the kids this week. They love it when we do that! We need to read Here Lies the Librarian by July, and I need to find out what assignment goes with it. It's for our Literature Circle. I also need to help the boys find the rest of their paperwork for their Astronomy merit badge and record their expenses for another merit badge. I also need to find something with awards or badges with my daughter. Has anyone heard of/had experience with Keeper's of the Home? I think there is another one associated with Thomas Jefferson Education too.

I am reading...From the End of Heaven, by Chris Stewart.

I am hoping...to stay on track with schoolwork this week. Summertime is addictive, but we need to slowly put the momentum back into our days so we're going strong come July.

I am hearing... fans blowing. We are trying to only run the A/C at night, and my husband runs a big fan directly on him when he is at his computer. I am also hearing crickets outside. (I'm writing this at night for it to post Monday morning.)

Around the house...it is dark with crickets singing.

One of my favorite things...taking a really good picture. Laughing with my husband when we realize we shot the same scene, maybe from slightly different perspectives.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Getting the minivan's air conditioning fixed. Summer has finally come, it seems, and A/C is needed in this humidity! Other than that, it will be a fairly quiet week. Maybe we'll go to the zoo.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...




Go see other Simple Woman daybooks here: http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

No comments: