Friday, June 20, 2008

Thursday Thirteen---Thirteen Blessings (a day late)

There is a blogger that had a Thursday Thirteen---Thirteen Blessings post. I don't know if this is a regular feature or not---my consistency in reading blogs has been lacking somewhat. Here we are at Friday, and I'm going to take a shot at it.

1. Sunshine. Sun has broken through a rather dark sky. Somehow it seems all that much more brilliant.

2. Children who play. They teach me to enjoy the moment. Dark clouds, thunderstorms, torrential rain and hail result in glorious playtimes in the ditch. Such is life.

3. Other women who keep encouraging me. I think this one is self-explanatory.

4. Shelter from the storms even though one of the roof repairs apparently was not adequate. The others were.

5. A loyal dog.

6. Good neighbors.

7. A supportive husband. Financially, spiritually, and emotionally.

8. A knowledge that God is watching over all and is guiding events. It will all work to our good, and he will see us through the process.

9. Fruit. I went and bought a bunch of watermelon, cantaloupes, peaches, nectarines and plums. So yummy!

10. Bread and the wherewithall to make more.

11. The freedom to educate our children in the way we see fit.

12. Growth. Okay, so I love it and I hate it. Overall, I need it, but that doesn't mean it's easy.

13. My children's goodness and innocence.

No comments: