Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar eclipse

We were so excited tonight to watch the complete lunar eclipse. The forecast was chancy, but we were sure hoping! Unfortunately, we had complete and thick cloud coverage.

While at Scouts, I chanced to talk to a mother who commented they could see the moon on their way to the church, so we headed north out of town instead of home after Scouts was over.

About 8:45, I gave up finding the moon and turned around. There in front of us was the most beautiful red sky I've ever seen (especially at night!) The moon was solidly covered by clouds, but apparently it cast enough of a glow that the clouds reflected the light for us. It was breathtaking!

I didn't have my camera, but I don't think I'll forget it. I hope my kids won't either. My husband saw a partial eclipse in Vegas before clouds covered it, and he'll be posting pics from there soon.

P.S. I added a comment about cod liver oil under that post.

No comments: