Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Rediscovered!

One very good thing happened the other night. I "rediscovered" some English, reading, and language arts materials that I've had but had discontinued using. The reason? My kids were kicking hard against workbooks. They hated them!

I had to buy my daughter a new language arts workbook, but something has changed. Dragon Boy is the only one who really kicks about doing them now. But then, he doesn't like being told what to do. Even at that, after his routine complaints, he settles in to completing his assigned pages. Woohoo!

This is really good news because I've been having a tough time emotionally this last week. Between being sick and being super concerned over the primaries, I've had a rocky ride! So having to create my own program from scratch was not the best news I've had for awhile. There are some things we will be doing that I'm putting together, but it's nice to have these workbooks for right now. The boys are using the Abeka Language books. Shaundra is using one I picked up at Barnes and Noble. I might get her a new Abeka one too.

By next week, I'll be more together again to begin more diagramming and preparing copywork. For now, I'm going easy on myself.

2 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

I love discovering new curriculum. Take care of yourself.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

hi! Feel free to use the picture. yes, I scanned it myself...there is actually a newer version of the pass along card than I have, Cocoa has it on her site at chocolateonmycranium.blogspot.com

Hope everyone feels better at your house! The primaries are quite the rocky ride this year! Oy vey.

Jen