Monday, February 25, 2008

My Father's Dragon

Today we finished reading My Father's Dragon for a literature group tomorrow. Cute book, and I've never heard of it before. (It's a Newberry Honor book. Shame on me!) My kids drew a map of the Wild Island with "tourist" attractions and then proceeded to act it all out. If there is anything my kids do excellently, it is enjoy themselves to the hilt!

So now we have their travel brochure ready to share tomorrow. I have no idea what others will come up with---I hope my kids enjoy it and have fun sharing theirs with the other kids. This is the first time we have done something and shared it with a group in two years. Hopefully all the kids will feel good. My one son (we'll call him Twin A---he was Baby A in the hospital) isn't feeling too terrific tonight.

Actually, their exhibit isn't all done. Their dad made a color copy for the front cover and left it at work. So . . . first thing in the morning. . . . :-)

No comments: